After the success of the photography tips that I posted over the summer, and the interest it generated, I have been working on an exciting new workshop. Oh Snap! is a workshop for parents who want to learn how to take better pictures of their children using their DSLR cameras. So many people say to me “I have a nice camera, but I just don’t know how to use it.” I developed this workshop with you in mind!
The first workshop will be taking place around the Surbiton area in Spring 2011. Please drop me an email at email@example.com to be the first to find out about dates, prices and venues.
I’m very excited to tell you some of the details of this new workshop:
- Do have you have a fancy camera that you don’t really know how to use?
- Did you purchase your camera in the hope of not missing a moment of your child’s life, but are frustrated that your pictures are not looking as you imagined?
- Do you keep meaning to read the manual, but never quite get round to it?
- Do your images sit on your camera card for months, never downloaded, or disorganised on your computer?
- Do you just want your images to be better?
If this sounds like you, then join me on a dynamic and intensive half day workshop to discover the secrets of taking great photos of your kids.
Spend an enjoyable morning away from the children, learning new skills that you will be able to put into practice that very afternoon. My brand new Oh Snap! workshop focuses on simple concepts that will dramatically improve your photos; just by understanding lighting, composition, perspective and age-appropriate techniques. Included in the price is a digital manual that includes both in-depth details and quick tips for common situations which will help you improve your photos immediately… just by taking the time to assess light, change your angle, and remember a few quick tips.
- training your eye to find the light
- composition and perspective
- lens and focal length selection
- tips for great images at any age
- exposure in a nutshell
- setting up your camera for best results
- what to do with your photos once you’ve taken them
Bring your camera and your questions!
The workshop will be taught by myself, Vicki Knights, owner of Vicki Knights Photography. Please drop me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to be the first to hear about dates and venues.