Looking back at 2011
I wrote a blog post at the same time last year, looking back at 2010 and wondered how 2011 was ever going to match up. But you know what? I think it has!
Those of you who work for yourself will know that it’s sometimes it’s tricky to push yourself forwards without a manager breathing down your neck. Although it sounds a bit odd, this blog is my virtual manager. It keeps me motivated as I know I need to constantly be thinking of new ideas for my business, and consistently producing great images because I’m going to be sharing them with everyone on here! It’s only when I look back through all of my blog posts from the year, that I realise how much I’ve done. Here are some of my highlights from 2011, some business, some personal…..
- The launch of my headshot sessions in Jan & Feb. I met so many wonderful business mums and built some great relationships just through doing this special offer. It’s amazing to see where something simple can take you!
- My big boy turned 3 in February and I did a special dinosaur-themed shoot with him to mark the occasion
- I ran my first ‘Photography for Parents’ workshop in February, and then went on to run 4 more throughout the year
- I wrote a personal post about how I needed to address the balance in my life back in April. And then from July onwards took on less shoots so I could get the balance back in my life. It’s been good although I’m still struggling to turn down business! Here’s to a more successful work/life balance in 2012!
- I announced a new collaboration with a personal stylist
- My baby boy turned 1 in June
- We had a couple of lovely family holidays in the UK, first to Corfe then to Whitstable….next year we’re going a bit more exotic, but the UK is great for holidays when you have small kids!
- I did some lifestyle nursery photography for the first time in July
- One of my favourite shoots of the year was the commercial shoot for My Heart and Home at the Medicine Garden in Cobham
- I ran two photography workshops for creative business people in September and taught 16 business owners how to take better photos of their lovely products
- I did a special shoot with my own family for my parents’ Ruby wedding anniversary
- I was lucky to get some great editorial coverage in the Sunday Express, Essential Esher, an interview with West London Mum and some guest blogging for Flourish Studios.
- Karl and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary in October and I shared some embarrassing photos of us as kids
- I did mini sessions for the 1st time this autumn and they were a big success (and luckily the sun shined for us!)
- And finally, we had our very own family photo shoot!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.
Vicki Knights is one of the leading family photographers in the UK and started running her popular 'Photography for Parents' workshops in 2010 (the first of its kind in the UK!)